- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page20 June 2019
Aviation Safety Advisory Panel
Changes have been made to the membership of the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP).
CASA’s CEO and Director of Aviation Safety, Shane Carmody said he has made changes to the membership of the panel to refresh the expertise of the membership and align it with current areas of focus.
“I would like to thank Rob Sharp (Virgin Australia), Caroline Wilkie (Australian Airports Association) and Greg Russell (TAAAF) for their contribution to the panel.” Mr Carmody said.
“They have been integral in the success of the panel by providing high level and objective advice from their many years of valuable experience in the aviation industry.
“Since the introduction of new consultative arrangements with the formation of the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel on 1 July 2017, the panel has assisted CASA with developing and reviewing many regulations ranging from drone registration, fatigue rules, dangerous goods, airworthiness and the six flight operations regulations last year.”
Three new members will join the ASAP at the 20 June meeting for two years, bringing a wealth of experience in flight training, helicopter operations and unmanned aircraft.
The new ASAP members are:
- Ms Adrianne Fleming OAM – A founder of Tristar Aviation in Moorabbin providing flight training and charter services (General Aviation sector)
- Captain Ray Cronin – Founder and Managing Director of Kestrel, Chief Flying Instructor (Helicopter), current President of the Australian Helicopter Industry Association (AHIA) (Rotary sector)
- Dr Reece Clothier – President Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) and Global Airspace Integration Senior Manager Boeing NeXt (RPAS sector).
Those members remaining on the ASAP are:
- Prof. Pat Murray - Chair
- Mr John Gissing - Group Executive Associated Airlines and Services, Qantas (RPT sector)
- Mr Jim Davis – Chairman, RAAA (Regional Aviation sector)
- Mr Michael Monck - President, RAAus (Recreational sector)
- Mr Graeme Crawford - Group Executive Manager – Aviation / CASA
- Mr Rob Walker - Executive Manager Stakeholder Engagement Division / CASA