- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page2 July 2018
ARN applications now available online
Changes to how applicants apply for an Aviation Reference Number (ARN) have come into effect today.
- Applications for an ARN can be made via our online application portal
- Proof of identity is required for an ARN to be issued. If identity information cannot be validated online, the applicant may be asked to upload a copy of their ID.
- A training school or other third party will not be able to apply for an online ARN on behalf of student pilot.
- Additional identification information will be requested for any manual applications that do not contain 100 points of ID.
Most applicants will have their ARN issued immediately. Where identification cannot be immediately verified an applicant will be asked to manually upload a scanned copy of their ID.
These changes will remove the need for applicants to provide ID to us at multiple other times throughout their aviation careers.
We encourage you to let your students know about these changes.
More information on applying for an ARN is available on our website.
We’re also making changes to a range of other forms to improve the way you interact with us. Some forms have been consolidated as part of this process.