- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Medical certification impacts
COVID-19 is dealt with no differently to other types of common, minor, self-limiting conditions such as seasonal influenza. However, the public health implications of COVID-19 pose additional challenges in terms of mandatory 14-day self-isolation for people that have been exposed to or who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
In most cases COVID-19 will not require notification to CASA.
The circumstances where we must be notified are:
- Class 1 Medical Certificate holders—any condition continuing longer than 7 days
- Class 2 Medical Certificate holders—any condition continuing for longer than 30 days
- Basic Class 2 Medical Certificate holders—any condition continuing for longer than 30 days
- Class 3 Medical Certificate holders—any condition continuing for longer than 30 days.
Medical certification status
COVID-19 in and of itself will generally not affect your medical certification status.
In most cases, the progression of, and recovery from, the virus will mean that most certificate holders will be able to self-clear well before the mandatory self-isolation period expires.
Should you have any concerns, please contact us.
You are encouraged to take whatever steps you can to look after yourselves and your loved ones, and to safeguard your mental health.