- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Plan your aviation Christmas...get in early!
Get your applications in early – our offices will close from 25 December 2021 to Monday 3 January 2022 inclusive.
You can continue to apply for some permissions online through myCASA during this time. These include:
- Initial licence applications for RPL/PPL/CPL
- Licence reprint (9R)
- Flight review
- Transfer of Aircraft Registration
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate
- Medical Records System (MRS)
- Aviation reference number (ARN) creation
- myCASA account creation and linking to ARN
- Remote pilot licence applications
- Notification of an Aviation or General English Language Proficiency assessment
- Renewal of Remote Operators Certificate (ReOC) without changes
- Commercial drone registration and accreditation
- Fireworks display notifications.
Some services may require administrative support to complete the process. This will be completed after the CASA Christmas shutdown period. Technical support issues should be lodged online and will be actioned when we reopen.
Journalists can contact our Corporate Communications Manager: Peter Gibson 0419 296 446
Accidents and incidents
Accidents and serious incidents must be reported to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.
- For Accident/Incident Notification: 1800 011 034
- For Confidential Aviation Incident Reporting: 1800 020 505
If you are a foreign operator and need urgent help such as medical non-scheduled flights, contact us on +61 7 3144 7400.
If you have an emergency/urgent airspace request, phone +61 2 6217 1177. This number is available 24 hours a day.