Safety management systems
Understand Safety Management and Safety Management Systems
Find out further information on Safety Management (SM) and Safety Management Systems (SMS) including what it means and some guidance on implementing your SMS.
- What is Safety Management?
- What is a Safety Management System?
- Components and Elements of a Safety Management System
- How do I implement a Safety Management System?
- General guide to setting up a Safety Management System
- How do I educate my staff about SMS?
Legislation and Guidance
Read relevant legislation and guidance including Civil Aviation Order (CAOs) and Civil Aviation Advisory Publication (CAAPs) that may assist you in complying with the SMS regulations.
- Air Transport Operators
- Proposed Part 119 of CASR 1998
CASA SMS Resource kit
The CASA SMS Resource kit provides a practical guide for SMS for aviation and tools at the end of each booklet for use or reference.
Resource kit consists of:
- Booklet 1 – Safety Management System Basics
- Booklet 2 – Safety Policy and Objectives
- Booklet 3 – Safety Risk Management
- Booklet 4 – Safety Assurance
- Booklet 5 – Safety Promotion
- Booklet 6 – Human Factors
External Links and Resources
Provides a list of external links and resources that may assist you in expanding your knowledge of SMS.