Payment for processing medical certificates
Phone payments ceased for medicals
In order for the Permissions Application Centre to have consistency across applications coming into CASA, phone payments for medicals have now ceased.
All medicals will need to have the payment slip completed and attached to the medical sent by the DAME, or sent directly to CASA, before the medical can be assessed by CASA.
Why we charge for processing your application
CASA charges for a range of regulatory services and under Australian Government policy must charge fees to recover the cost of providing these services.
The payment is not for the provision of the medical certificate, but for the work involved in the processing and consideration of the application.
There is a fee of $75.00 to process and consider an application for a medical certificate. This fee applies to all classes of medical certificate whether it is an initial issue or renewal medical.
Note: Assessment of your application will only commence when CASA has received your payment and supporting documents.
How to pay the fee
Note that the DAME’s account, (which is a separate fee to the one to be paid to CASA for the processing) will usually need to be paid at the conclusion of the appointment.
Remember that if you are applying for a class 1 medical and a class 2 and/or class 3 medical, you only have to pay one fee for the highest class of medical.
Online (preferred option for payment)
- You can now pay for your medical online, by credit card (Mastercard or Visa card only). For more details, refer to Paying for Fixed Fees.
- Please be aware that funds can take up to 48 hours to clear and your medical will not be assessed until funds have cleared.
Ensure you retain a copy of the receipt for your records. You must either attach the online payment receipt to your medical application for the DAME to send to CASA or email a copy of the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. This can be accomplished at the time of making an online payment by entering the email address above on the last page of the online payment facility.
Send payment details to CASA for processing
- If you wish to pay the CASA fee at the end of your medical appointment, you can do so by completing Form 162A Payment Advice - Medical Certificates attached to the medical. Hand the completed form to the DAME conducting the examination to have it included with the examination report that is sent to CASA.
- Alternatively you can complete Form 162A Payment Advice - Medical Certificates and forward directly to Aviation Medicine via fax or email. If paying in this way, CASA recommends payment be made to CASA as close as possible to the date of your medical examination.
- If you wish to pay by cheque or money order (write your ARN on the back of the cheque/money order) and mail it to:
GPO Box 1544
Canberra ACT 2601
Your receipt number will print on your medical and this becomes your official receipt for payment if you have not paid online.